Thursday, February 19, 2009

Obama's Mortgage Plan

If you haven't read about it, let me boil it down to its simplest terms. In essence, he wants you to pay your neighbor's mortgage whether you want to or not.

While I do feel badly about people that are losing their home because of reasons beyond their control, I still don't think it's fair that I, and you, should have to pay their mortgage. I certainly have zero sympathy for those that bought houses that were far beyond their means but guess what, we get to pay their mortgages too. I actually know people that are living in a $400k house that should be living in a $100k home. They have nothing left over for savings, they won't be able to put their kids through college, and god bless them if a rainy day comes into their lives. In reality, they would be far better off if they did lose their home. Then again, they wouldn't be able to tell their friends and acquaintances that they live in such and such development.

You are probably asking yourself what you get for living your life right and within your means. The answer is, like me, you get the bill for those that don't, won't, and never will live right or within their means. Sounds fair, doesn't it??????

No comments: