House bill H.R. 45 is flying under the radar and many if not most people, including gun store owners are not aware of it. If the loony left gets there way, and let's face it, who's to stop them, they will pass this as fast as they did the ridiculous stimulus package. WE MUST MAKE SURE THEY ARE STOPPED!!!!!!!
Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:
1. It is registered.
2. You are fingerprinted.
3. You supply a current Driver's License.
4. You supply your Social Security #.
5. You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing.
6. Each update - change of address or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.
7. There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.
8. They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.
Please contact your elected reptiles, I mean Representatives and let them know your feelings.
Maybe this is part of what Chuck Norris is talking about with the upcoming revolution. While in general I think Mr. Norris is off his rocker with the secession rhetoric, I think it will come a whole lot faster if Congress passes this. There are literally millions of gun owners in America. The government simply does not have the resources in country to deal with that. The government would be wise to be cognisant of that fact.
Below is a link to the entire text of the bill. Please read it and see if I'm not telling you the whole truth.