Sunday, November 4, 2012

Matt Cartwright

I've met the man and he is likable. Do I think he's going to win? Yes I do and that means we all lose.

He's going to win because he has a war chest that would choke a small African country and the district he is running in is overwhelmingly democrat.

Why do I say we lose when he wins? Simple, every ad, every interview, pretty much every sound bite from Cartwright has essentially been spend, spend, spend, and then spend a little more. The only peep he has made about how to pay for his multi-trillion dollar spending spree has been the now thoroughly debunked (and very tired) line about asking the "rich" to pay a little more.

You don't have to be a mathematical genius to understand the numbers don't work. Frankly, you'd have to be completely ignorant of basic math to believe we can raise enough revenue just from the rich to even come close to paying for our current level of spending.
Remember when I said I met him? I did and he did not seem to be mentally challenged so I am assuming he genuinely wants to spend the country even farther into oblivion.

The day is coming when the interest payments on the national debt will exceed the entire defense budget. If you think that day is far into the future, you are wrong. It will happen within a decade unless our country gets spending under control. We simply cannot afford Matt Cartwright's brand of thinking.

Do I think this little post will change the outcome of that race? Nope, but I can dream of a better America, can't I?

No comments: