Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My nizzles fo shizzle

I actually watched some of the dem convention last night. I thought Sen. Kennedy looked remarkly well but that isn't what I'm going to write about.

Michelle Obama brought out the humble beginnings rhetoric in her address. How in the hell does she define humble beginnings. Barry went to private and or ivy league schools his entire life. I know what you're thinking, all poor people do that. You are wrong. I grew up poor. Past poor actually. I didn't even dream about going to private school. Neither did any kid from circumstances similar to my own. As a Caucasian male from a poor family, going to Harvard was almost as likely as being teleported to Altair 4. How do the Obama's come up with the notion that they were anything other than very privileged people? Through affirmative action, they were able to attend Harvard, one of the best, if not the best school in the world. A school that was impossible for me or any other poor Caucasian to even dream about. I wish my beginnings were as humble as theirs. I wish I had those same opportunities. Can any of you even relate to how privileged the Obamas were and are? Can any of you imagine the wealth that they have? Think of those questions next time you actually start believing that Barry has the slightest clue what it means to be middle class or poor.

No comments: